Mexican Street Tacos
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Vegan steaks
- 12 mini corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for at least 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Cook steak and marinade on high heat with remaining oil, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned, and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes.
Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and lime.
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- 2 Tbsp agave
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Cook corn and rinse beans and onion. Blend dressing ingredients starting at wine vinegar.